News about vaccines receiving Emergency Use Authorization and being distributed across the nation are signs of hope for many. But there is still a long road ahead of addressing vaccine misinformation and overcoming supply chain challenges. The Foundation will continue to update this page with toolkits, media campaigns, and research related to vaccine messaging.
For more resources about COVID-19 in general, visit Guidance and Resources Related to COVID-19.
Advice for Agencies
- Considerations for employers considering vaccine requirements: a list from The Commonwealth Fund
General Resources for Massachusetts residents
- "Vax Finder" tool https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/
- Eligibility and finding a local site https://www.mass.gov/covid-19-...
- FAQs for Massachusetts residents https://www.mass.gov/info-deta...
- available in 10+ languages
- Details about transportation coverage for vaccine appointments for MassHealth and HealthSafetyNet members | FAQ from Mass.gov | MassHealth Transportation Bulletin
- The MWRTA and SMOC are partnering to offer free rides to vaccination sites (temporary through June 2021) | Find contact info at mwrta.com ("Essential Taxi/Livery Trips")
- Instructions for accessing the 2-1-1 vaccine scheduling resource line for seniors | Press Release from Mass.gov
"Shareable" campaigns (for social media and other channels)
- For local folks (English, Spanish, and Portuguese speakers), see what MetroWest leaders are saying about the COVID19 Vaccine.
- THE CONVERSATION: #BetweenUsAboutUs dispels vaccine misinformation among the Black community and Black healthcare workers. Videos are posted on Greater Than COVID's YouTube channel
- Toolkit for Black community (a partnership between Center for Black Health & Equity and American Lung Association) #powerandimmunity
- Toolkits targeting specific populations: COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkits | CDC
- Flyers and resources on vaccine safety: Stop COVID-19 – Vaccine graphics | Mass.gov
- COVID Collaborative (coalition of national experts to promote specific calls to action) Vaccines & Treatments — Covid Collaborative
- Videos by medical professionals of color: Cambridge Health Alliance Vaccine Resource page
- "Trust the Facts, Get the Vax" campaign summary and materials from Mass DPH (currently in English, Spanish, and American Sign Language)
Messaging Resources and Recommendations for Public Health Practitioners
The Foundation hosted a presentation on 2/22 by Shaun Adamec about communications around vaccine hesitancy. The slides are available here; please email Rebecca Donham (email@example.com) for a recording of the presentation.
- Kaiser Family Foundation's KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor tracks public attitudes towards vaccinations
- Tips from Berkley Media Studies Group: Communicating about the COVID vaccine | bmsg.org
- Evidence-informed strategies for messaging: Applying Behavioral and Social Science to Address Vaccine Hesitancy and Foster Vaccine Confidence | National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Effective language research by deBeaumont Foundation | The language of vaccine acceptance
- Messaging thinkpiece by Adamec Communications: The way we talk about the virus makes it harder to kill