Addressing Health Inequities
The work of creating opportunities for discussion and learning about the root causes of health inequities, as well as increasing the diversity and equity capacity of the health care and social service workforce is carried out in three main ways:
- Deepening health equity and inclusion work within MetroWest organizations by supporting the work of the Racial and Ethnic Disparities Workgroup, as well as identifying greater opportunity for diverse community stakeholder participation and engagement in the work of the foundation.
- Increasing capacity of the health care and social service workforce to approach their work through an equity lens, as well as to promote a culture of equity within their organizations.
- Increasing the diversity of the pipeline of future leaders in health care and social service sectors by promoting policies within organizations that help to retain and promote a diverse workforce, as well as initiating strategies to bring more diversity to the workforce.
Health Equity Resources
Download the latest PDFs:
- Race Forward: Racial Equity Impact Toolkit
- Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE): Racial Equity Toolkit: An Opportunity to Operationalize Equity
- Annie E. Casey Foundation: Racial, Equity and Inclusion Action Guide: 7 Steps to Advance and Embed Race, Equity and Inclusion within your Organization