We are living in a time when news changes quickly, and it is important to stay informed with accurate and unbiased information. The Foundation will continue to update this page with resources and relevant news throughout the pandemic. For information on emergency funding through the Foundation, please see our post about COVID-19 Emergency Grants.
- Get text alerts: text COVIDMA to 888-777 to enroll in updates (from mass.gov)
- Massachusetts Senate President Karen Spilka has been providing regular updates on federal, state, and MetroWest resources and legislation related to coronavirus.
- #BetheDifference: Helping yourself and others with anxiety, depression, and other emotions in these unpredictable times (posted 3/20): www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org/news-and-updates/
- ICE announces that it will not conduct enforcement operations at or near health care facilities to avoid disincentivizing individuals from receiving care, and will focus efforts on criminals only (as of 3/18): www.ice.gov/news/relea...
Reliable resources related to disease spread and control
Look to these reputable sources for guidance. Some include printable flyers in multiple languages.
- MA Department of Public Health: www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus
- CDC: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Daily situation reports: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports
- Local Public Health Departments
- NASP: Guidance on talking to children about COVID-19
Emergency Preparedness Resources from the March 6 event
These can help guide your organization when thinking about how to prepare for and respond in an emergency
- Emergency Preparedness checklist
- Agency Emergency Planning slides
- Coronavirus updates (as of March 6, 2020)
- Sample communications (sent by a local organization on March 4, 2020)
- Sample pandemic response policy
Sample tools for working remotely
There are a variety of tools that can be used to fulfill workplace functions when working remotely. TechSoup will be updating this blog post with deals and discounts for many products. Please note that the Foundation has not used all of these tools so we cannot vouch for them; we are simply sharing them as options.
- General communication: Slack, Teams, UberConference
- File sharing: Google Docs, DropBox, Box
- Video Conferencing: Google Hangout, Zoom, Skype for Business, WebEx, GoToMeeting